Question:
What is your favorite non-videogame RPG?
Lorca
2005-12-12 19:57:38 UTC
I mean old fashioned RPGs like D&D, or Vampire/Whitewolf, War Hammer etc...
Four answers:
2005-12-14 09:38:53 UTC
AD&D. First edition. The rest is extras for people who can't make up stuff for themselves.
2005-12-13 09:34:44 UTC
I have long been a ShadowRun Decker, unfortunately finding players that aren't addicted to Warcraft has been difficult.

I am now immersing myself in Iron Kingdoms/Warmachine. Iron Kingdoms is a steampunk style of RPG. I like the combat system, and use of figures to bring play out. The Warmachine minitures setting also lets us take a break from P&P, pull out some minis and have a grand tussle.

I did warhammer for a while, and while it had a rich world, it never stuck with me. Iron Kingdoms is pretty fun and violent, and keeps interests longer than warhammer.

I'll always be a 'runner though. Till they rip my deck from my cold dead hands.
Edrondol
2005-12-12 20:17:20 UTC
I wrote my own out of disgust and lack of $$. My friends and I fixed it and have played it ever since. It's fairly close to current D&D 3.5 with a different magic system.

Paranoia is great, but you can't get attached to any characters because they die faster than you can roll them up.

RoleMaster is very realistic but you have to have a masterful GM or it just drags.
ambiguous_error
2005-12-12 20:03:08 UTC
Paranoia... No power play, short lived characters, real role play, rather than many dice roles.

But did love Cyberpunk & Vampire (& the addition to Cyberpunk for Vampires & Werewolves rocked):o)